This website is operated by SelfMasteries. We take your privacy very seriously and we urge to read this policy very carefully as it contains important information on;
- Who we are,
- How and why we collect your personal information,
- Your rights in relation to your personal information,
- How to contact us in the event that you have any disputes.
Who we are
SelfMasteries (‘we’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. We are regulated under the General Data protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as the ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purpose of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
a) Personal information you provide to us;
- Full name
- Email address
- Address including zip/postal code
- Website URL
- Company name
- Cookies and data usage
- Personal data you submit on our website
- Your marketing and communication preference
Some examples of when we collect this information include;
- When registering for an account
- When signing up via subscription form
- When entering any competitions
- When making a purchase
- When you post on our website
- When you have asked to be contacted
b) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us personal information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you;
- Shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data
- Shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf
c) Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. These can be used to track users’ actions and activities and to store information about them. We use the cookies on this website.
- How many times you visit our website
- Which pages you visit
- Traffic data
- Location data
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be statistical which means that we may not be able to identify you individually.
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our users to identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us; process your orders; conduct research and carry out behavioural analysis.
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
Third parties such as Google may be placing and reading cookies on your browsers, or using web beacons to collect information as a result of ad serving on your website. You can learn more about HOW GOOGLE USES INFORMATION FROM SITES OR APPS THAT USE OUR SERVICES here.
We would like to send you information about products, services and offers which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, text or automated call.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information. If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time.
Note: no personal information has to be provided by you to us at any time.
How long your personal information will be kept
- Name and address will be kept for up to 6 years to satisfy UK tax law
- Age – once your age has been verified by us it will be immediately deleted
- Email address will be deleted as soon as you have received the relevant email from us
- Payment details will be deleted as soon as any purchase is made by you
We rely on consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information.
The consequence to you of our use of your personal information is;
- You will be presented with adverts on our website which may match your locality
- We will recommend products to you which we feel are most suited to people of your age and sex
- We will make automatic decisions about whether you qualify for our products
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an authorised way. We limit access to your information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will only do so in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to;
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
We may change this privacy from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access our website. We will also attempt to notify users of any changes by email if you have opted in to receive emails from us.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.